People catch a cold because of infections from a virus but when it comes to coughs, it's a totally different thing. Coughs are usually caused by fungi, bacteria and viruses. There are two kinds of coughs: the productive and wet cough where it consists of mucus and the non-productive or dry cough.
If you have a cough and cold, here are the things you should do for you to get rid of them:
1. Take in medicines for cough and cold.
- Cough and cold may cause you pain so make sure to in take medicines like acetaminophe or NSAIDS which may help you ease the pain.
- You should also get some over-the-counter cold medicines.
- Rubbing some menthol rub will help in removing coughs and sinus congestions. Apply a pint-size of Vick's VapoRub and Mentholatum on your chest and around your nose.
2. Use At-Home remedies to cure your cough and colds.
- Rest for 12 hours to mkae sure that you will relieve from cough and cold.
- Keeping the air humid in your home will help you. Try using a humidifier and a vaporizer for you to feel better. But dont forget to put some essential oils in your humidifier.
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids and warm water. Drink eight to ten ounce glasses of water.
- Have a healthy diet.
- Eat a warm soup.
- To reduce the swelling of your throat, use a warm salt water then gargle it.
3. You can use herbal remedies to relieve cough and cold.
- Honey can be the cure for your cough and cold. In the warm honey, you just have to add three tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Drink some turmeric milk to completely wipe out the bacteria. In a one glass of milk, mix 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- For the mucus to increase its secretion and make it thin also, to make the phlegm easier to cought it out, make sure to in take expectorant herbs.
- Drink at least 4-6 the entire day.
- Steam some herbs to have herbal remedies that can go directly to your lungs.