Spoiled tuna, fish taco, cod canal... Boys can be so mean.
Let's get things straight first, your private part supposed to have a smell. Despite of those rude jokes that you carry out in the past.
One thing that makes women insecure is that if they smell fresh down there especially before having fun with a partner. This topic is supposed to be kept, but if you have this private part, you know what were talking about here.
If you keep on thinking if your private part smells like fresh flowers or a seafood restaurant, these are the things you should know.
Well, we have to consider the factors that makes your friend down there smells. Don't worry, we'll get there. Remember that every private part has it's own special scent. It because of the combination of the normal bacteria that is in you private part. It's due to what you eat, the clothes you wear, the level of your hygiene, the amount of your sweat and the secrete of your glands.
If you use too many soaps, sprays, perfumes and things that deodorize your private part will interfere the natural pH of your private part. You might be wishing that your private part smells like a flower garden but it does not supposed to smell that way.
Sara Gotffried M.D., the author of The Hormone Cure thinks that women have unrealistic expectation about what they smell. She said, "There's so much shame around the normal range of what women smell like." She added that, "We're stuck with this mindset that women are expected to be nice, pretty and for their lady parts to smell really good, like some fake scent. Like you're going to smell like a gardenia. And that's just going to make you miserable because that's not the normal human scent."
The smell is considered normal. Few women that has no scent in their private part and other give off a strong odor. So now, how can you tell if your lady part smell good? A scent that gives off signs that something bad is happening down there often comes with itching, swelling, discharge or pain during you urinate.
Here are the smells that you better look into:
1. FISHY SCENT
- Well, having this kind of smell in your private parts signals you that something wrong is going down there. And it's very serious. The intense fishy smell that you have can be an indication of a bacterial vaginosis - an infection that it related to an imbalance of bacteria in your lady part or trichomoniasis - a common yet curable STI. Those infections give off a fishy scent that is accompanied with a white or gray discharge and they could be cured by taking antibiotics.
CONTINUE READING ON PAGE 2
2. METALLIC SCENT
- The metallic scent often happen right after you had your period or it's your very first time to make love with someone. Both of that can also change the pH in your private part. This should not stay long, however, if the scent stays long after your period is gone, you should have yourself checked.
3. YEASTY / BREAD SCENT
- Yeast infection does not usually give off a scent. However, if you are having a discharge that is thick, white discharge or itchiness, something wrong is happening. In other instances, yeast infection will send out a slightly musty, bread-like odor that there is trouble down there.
4. MUSKY SCENT
- If the scent of your private part smells a bit heavier and slightly more musky, this just means that you're sweating a lot or you have been wearing your pants or underwear tight and only with a little room to breathe. You should was your private part with a mild soap and wearing a slightly loosed clothing every once in a while will surely bring the scent back to the way it was. However, this smell does not indicate that something is wrong.
5. ROTTEN SCENT
- If you smell your private part and it smells like a bag of trash, you need to et yourself checked with your Doctor, ASAP! It could be indications of a tampon gone astray (which happens often). A tampon can be place near the top of your private part and it will stay there until you find it. Don't worry, it will not make it's way to the other parts of your body.
These scents are indications that maybe there is something wrong going on with your private part. But also know that you have to consider some factors that can inflence the scent, "Many women notice after having their periods that there is a different odor, " Gottfried aforementioned. What is normal is, the pH of your private part is below 4.7, which means it's naturally acidic. The blood during your period has s pH of 7.4 - alters the pH of your private part which can change the scent down there.
GOOD NEWS! It does not usually take much to keep your friend down there balanced and clean. Gottfried explains that, "The vagina is a self-cleaning oven." Naturally, it emits discharge to get bacteria and germs out of your system. So your friend keeps a good job at cleaning your body! So here it is, just warm water and a mild soap is the only thing you need to keep it smelling fresh. If you are on the go, you need to have a pH-balanced, alcohol free wipe in your purse all the time.
Final advice, NO TO SYNTHETIC UNDERWEAR. It usually traps the odor and will make you sweat. Cotton is the one you need. It gives your private part some room to breathe and keeps it healthy.