They may not be as popular as chicken eggs, but the eggplants are full of nutrients which our body needs. These unpopular vegetables may help reduce the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and obesity.
Researchers and nutritionists say eggplants should be consumed every day, thanks to their rich nutrients, fiber, nasunin and chlorogenic acid content.
Nasunin is an antioxidant, which mens it fights harmful free radicals.
Chlorogenic acid helps with weight loss.
Need more reasons to start your diet with eggplant?
Read these 8 reasons why eating eggplants is great for your health!
1. Eggplants are full of healthy goodies for the body like iron, calcium, and other such minerals
2. Due to their high fiber content, eggplants will protect your digestive system and improve your digestion.
3. Eggplants are great for shaving weight gain as they have almost no calories (35 per cup). The chlorogenic acid present in eggplants are also responsible for weight loss
4. If cooked properly, eggplants can lower your bad cholesterol (LDL). Remember to bake your eggplants: do not fry them
5. Consuming eggplants regularly will prevent blood clots thanks to the vitamin K and bioflavonoid content.
6. Eating eggplants regularly will improve your blood circulation and nourish your brain. This is because of the phytonutrients mostly present on the skin of the vegetable.
7. Eggplants have a low carb and high soluble fiber content. These factors will help regulate your blood sugar levels and control diabetes
8. The vegetable can regulate your blood pressure due to the high flavonoid content.