Lipoma is the formation of fat tumors below the skin which is commonly found on the torso, neck, thighs, upper arms, and armpits. Lipomas are harmless since they are non-cancerous soft tissue build up.
Lipomas affect people in all age groups but most often appear during middle age. Single lipomas can occur in both men and women while multiple lipomas are more frequent in men.
Lipomas are linked to high levels of cholesterol and obesity. They can also be genetically inherited.
Here are some of the possible characteristics of lipoma according to WebMD:
- Are small [0.4 in. (1 cm) to 1.2 in. (3 cm)] and felt just under the skin.
- Are movable and have a soft, rubbery consistency.
- Do not cause pain.
- Remain the same size over years or grow very slowly.
- Often the most bothersome symptom is the location or increased size that makes the lipoma noticeable.
People who have lipomas and want to avoid undergoing surgery or taking high dosage of medication can use this natural homemade remedy:
1. Mix an equal amount of honey and flour.
2. Put about 5-10mm thick amount of the mixture directly on the lipoma.
3. Continuously do this 5 times in a row for 8 days and you can notice the dissolution of adipose tissue.
It is recommended to use a darker shade of honey and whole grain flour for better results.
Additionally, detoxifying your body can help prevent lipomas. Refrain from eating foods that are rich in additives, preservatives and pesticides, as well as dairy products.
Eat natural spices such as okra, psyllium, chickweed, chicory, papaya, pomegranate, sage, mandarin and turmeric to eliminate toxins in your body.
Also, drink lemon juice every morning to stimulate your liver and detoxify your body.